Scott Thomas Outlar




New Speak - Sowing Season

Some people
try to kill two birds
with one stone

but I’m far more interested
in planting two seeds
at the same time








Each And Every Breath

Every breath
is pure bliss –
an inhalation
of cosmic debris
sent from the source
to coat the lungs
with vibrations of light.

Every new dawn
is a miracle –
sunburnt radiation
pulsing from the sky
to singe the flesh
with encoded DNA
from ethereal realms.

Every touch
is electric –
skin-kissed
by God’s presence
in a holy union
of enlightenment
accelerated through the soul.

Every whisper
is a song –
celestial sirens
humming the frequency
of heaven’s tune
with a fiery chorus
from the lips of angels.








A Simple Song

I write this love song
to life –
her eyes enchant me
and give vision
to a sight once blind;
her smile intoxicates me
and lights up my face
that once was so cold;
her music inspires me
as it blows
across the whispering winds;
her openness draws me in
and touches me
with electricity from the source;
her sky is an ocean
of pure blue fervor
that rolls with gentle waves;
her heart pumps feverishly
and fills my veins
full of passion and lust;
her truth rings with Veritas
and shatters the illusion
of lies that try to bind;
her moon reflects warmth
in the night
as I marvel at the stars;
her sun is my savior
and I welcome its flash
with each new dawn that arises.

Scott Thomas Outlar

Scott Thomas Outlar lives and writes in the suburbs outside of Atlanta, Georgia. He enjoys spending time with the trees alone in silent thought, and also loves attending festivals where the song of humanity can be heard in full voice. Of Sand and Sugar, his sixth collection of poetry, was released in 2019 through Cyberwit. His work has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net. Outlar guest-edited the 2019 Western Voices Edition of Setu Mag, and was a recipient of the 2017 Setu Mag Award for Excellence in the field of literature. Selections of his poetry have been translated into Afrikaans, Albanian, Dutch, French, Italian, Persian, and Serbian. He has been a weekly contributor for the Dissident Voice newsletter since 2014. He hosts a podcast, Songs of Selah, which broadcasts on 17Numa Radio. Links to Outlar's published poetry, fiction, essays, interviews, reviews, live events, and books can be found at 17Numa.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment