Sunita Singh




1.

I am uprooting flowers from my garden
To make a rockery
Flowers are tender
Delicate to touch
Easy to be trifled and trampled on
Rocks are hard
They withstand -
a lot
You can break
But cannot shake them
And if you try
You slip
And fall
-Sunita Singh (All Rights Reserved)





2.

It is evening and a cool breeze is blowing
The quietly flowing waters are gleaming
Suddenly, he arrives – in all his shining glory!
Gently, very gently
She embraces him
Her heaving form, full of anticipation
As he rubs his body against hers
Their kisses, crimson-hued and full of ardour!
His golden dust combines with her alabaster
A blush, adorning her,
She shines with the radiance of the warmth!
Embraced and entwined
They merge
To hide
Behind the dark covers of the night!
Sunita Singh (All Rights Reserved)





3.

My darkness grows a moon on the star tree
Shedding jasmine buds
Its fragrance heady
Rubbing specks of stardust on my body
Twinkling Sirius, Vega, Swati, Krittika
Roaming wild
Like tigers with yellow glasses shining in their eyes
Born free!
Sunita Singh (All Rights Reserved)





4.

Ashadh drenched me with yearnings unknown
Saawan came frolicking with ‘barish’
My peacock swirling to the murli of his heart
Days and nights together with the pitter-patter of raindrops
Bhaadon brought storm and lightning
The pangs of love piercing
Aswina, Kartik, Aghahan
I waited for him but in vain
Pusa nights were freezing
My heart bleeding
It was over, I was sure
Magh I spent grieving
Healing my broken heart
Phagun came dancing
A rainbow of colours spreading
love re-entered
in another form
He and I together
United forever!




5.

My earth is parched
eyes shrivelled as I look up at the relentless sun
The calluses on my hands burn
But
not as much as my young one’s soles
My head is a debt –
Pushing
My fields exsiccated
Its eyes upturned
Lips withered
Hopeful for a taste of manna
Sunita Singh (All Rights Reserved)



         
Sunita Singh

Sunita Singh is a bi-lingual poet and writer, writing in English and Hindi. Her poems feature in Indian and International Anthologies and e-magazines. Many of her poems have won awards on on-line forums like Kaafiya, Poetry Planet, The Significant League etc. A few of her Hindi poems have also been turned into lyrics for private albums. She is an active member of Katha Kathan, a forum for reviving Indian languages. She lives in Delhi and is fond of travelling, music, reading. She finds inspiration from nature.