Tabassum Tahmina Shagufta Hussein



It is Spring

I look at the sky,
It looks boundless blue,
I look at the Sun,
He looks warm and bright,
I look at the field,
It is turning into green.
I look around,
The flowers are about to Bloom,
I look around,
The busy birds are chirping,
I look around,
Bees are busy,
Suddenly, I feel breeze from the South,
Can you feel the buzz of spirit of nature?
Can you feel her new tune of songs?
Can you feel her ornamental preparation of dressing?
Can we feel the change?
I asked myself, what’s happening,
The trees whispers in to my ears “Spring is here”
The green leaves dances in the branches
And say to me, “Spring is here”
Passing by butterflies murmur “You fool, can’t you feel, spring is here”
I see around and see celebration of Spring ‘s presence.
Suddenly, I feel Spring’s spirit.
I submerged with the celebration.
I sing again, and again “Spring is here.”






Blood Moon

I saw the moon that night,
She was dressed with the hue of blood,
Deeply hued.
But she was shinning,
With red compassion.
I saw her in her full size,
She was spreading while trying to reach the stars.
The stars bowed to her.
She was shinning so brightly that I could feel  her radiant heart.
I saw crimson rain dropping towards the lover’s.
The nature could feel the lover’s passion.
She wanted to be mingled with them.
Or is was her spirit that she sparkled the lover’s passion.
The night, the blood moon, the stars in the sky
And the lover’s in the earth with the mysterious nature around,
The fireflies danced with joy,
The owls watched over,
The night birds sang in celebration,
Cicadas made sound to let the lovers know,
The night was young and whispered”lovers don’t waste it away
Let the night make ethereal with your kiss.”
Nature smileed and gave blessings to the lovers.
And I just became the witness of that phenomenal night.







Soliloquy Of The Cloud

I am a cloud, just a floating one,
I wandering cluelessly in the sky,
I look down and close my eyes with despair.
It looks like a “ The Waste Land”.
I feel pain and roam here and there.
I feel empty, I am without purpose.
Relieve me of my emptiness.
Let me Pour down as rain.
Let me bring colours to the “The Waste Land”,
Let me wash away all that is evil and Decay.
Let me speed feelings of joy.
Let me Pour down at this very moment.
After I bring joy and smile,
I shall disappear in the dark,
But let me bring smiles in the morning, before I depart.
Let me bring purity and vanish away,
Just to return back again to look upon a newly fresh land.






The Dawn

I have waited all night for her, and now the she is here.

The day light is about to spread light,
 But still the Dawn’s soft and calm touch is everywhere.
 I can see her sweet aura,

she sings sweetly.
I still can not see morning bliss.
 I can’t still address this moment as the day.
Do I yearn for the  morning, the lightness of you?
The Sun?

The darkness is still here.
 But the blending of light and darkness takes away my tears of waiting.
I can see the red  hue announcing your presence,the Sun.

But now I feel that I want to hold this moment, the Dawn.
The wind carries the birds awaking songs.

What a mystery you hold between the hide and

seek of light and darkness?
What lies in this mystery?
A life stuck between life and death?
Is it the same? I feel, all of us go through such phase of life .
Or it is like between dream and awakening,

All of us go through such.
It is our spirit.
Dawn yours and mine.
Surely the Sun will rise,
But in between let me wander,
In your land of Dream, the Dawn.

Tabassum Tahmina Shagufta Hussein


TABASSUM.TAHMINA.SHAGUFTA HUSSEIN: She lives in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Born in Chittagong, Bangladesh, she was influenced by the natural beauty of Chittagong. Her liberal family background played a vital role to her modern thinking. In her both SSC and HSC she secured Position in the Merit list. But instead of pursuing traditional subjects for lucrative future in career, , she studied English Literature. After getting her Masters Degree in British and American Literature, she served as a faculty in the department of English in Private Universities. Later she joined corporate world. And became Head of training of HR Division. Now she is a free-lance resource person and writer. She loves and breathes literature. For her “There is no end of learning”. She has interest in Art, Painting, History, Philosophy, Theology, and Psychology. She loves recitation and takes part in recitation programs.   Reading and travelling are her hobbies. She strongly supports Equal Rights, Human Rights, and Intellectual Property Right.  As a philanthropist, she tries to improve educational system by serving as the member of Governing Body of her hometown college. She is currently doing her second Masters in Human Resources Management. She loves to interpret literature and art with the colors of her mind. She regularly reads poetry and tries to write poems. Her debut as a poet was in Our Poetry Archive Anthology “Spiritual Poetry Beyond Borders.” Later her poems were published in The Pangolin Review, A Poem A Day, The Rose Quartz Magazine, Some are in the process of publication. It was OPA who gave her platform and encouragement.  Being an aesthetic, she sees beauty from floating clouds to the blade of grass. Aestheticism is the essence of her existence. She can be reached tts.hussein@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment