Lopamudra Mishra




Spring Come Soon

O spring!   we will miss you,
When  you will leave us saying adieu,
Wave not your tender hands
To say  us bye,
Promise to come soon after every season’s periodic round.
The newly sprouted leaves shed their tears as dew,
The green grassland well explore moisture in gale,
Cuckoo  will hunt for refreshing breath.
Marigold hums beauteously in season’s best.
Jasmine buds bewitchingly vegetate in dancing whiff,
The clear blue sky designs the dais for fairy likeness,
Saplings are ready  to germinate the flowers,
Bitter Margosa(neem tree) ‘s newly  shoot up buds,
And the  invigorating  air in the crowded concrete lanes,
The platform for lovers and their loving tales,
Are all charmed by you,
Greatly bedazzled, so we don’t want to leave you,
O Dear Spring! Your retreat though torturing.
Your impressions are long lasting.    









Summer Wind..

The dry summer wind entered through my door,
Made me realise ,I am alone in my floor,
The lonely hours recaptured some thoughts,
Of us ,when  we engross in endless discourse,
Hours fly ,we never say bye,
May be we  love each others’  sweet company,
More than what’s happening  around the globe,
Least bothered for others ,thinking  we are enough together,
Time’s wing made us swirl in different facets of ring,
Every time we come out swing,
Happily ,singing and dancing  in each other’s cling
Even sorrow dare not touch our outline,
Honey moments passed so fast,
The colour of my sky changed  its tint,
Deep blue to crimson dark,
You left me in earth and part,
You were my dear heaven,
Without you ,
the ravenous day
Is pinching me through its dry summer wind.










Invigorating Breeze

The words clogged ,
 And the  parable singing in a morose   tune
The leaf less tree whining  in a satirical tone
Then all of a sudden….
The flowers in me started singing
Blooming me to see life in a different perspective
The petals of Flora rhyme with the beats of my steps
I could see the words once paused
Singing ,dancing and flowing like the eternal water
Giving me bumps
Hot flushes
And bringing back smile on my faded cheeks
Invigorating  me with new desires
Aspiration and palpitation,
The warm sunshine touches my skin
Letting  me to glow and warming me with its flow
Instead of feeling cool in the winter nights
I am temperate to the present scenario
Because of the shuddering breeze
Capturing my thoughts
And holding me in its grip.

Lopamudra Mishra

Lopamudra Mishra, native puri, now residing in Bhubaneswar Orissa, She completed her graduation {English Hons} from Sailabala Women’s college Cuttack,And post –graduation { English} from Ravenshaw University Cuttack. Her fascination for  writing came from her grandfather  and father from an early age. Writing  for her is the powerful medium of expression. Her poems  have been  published in many magazines and anthologies . Her first book “Rhyme Of Rain” was published  in march 2017 , second book “First Rain” in august 2017 and her third book- Tingling Parables in May 2018.