Thomaidha Tanuçi




Maligun

My childhood is a mudded courtyard
I would draw a mountain with a stick
and name it "Maligun",
I wanted everyone to speak my language.
And then I would draw a house
with dripping logs hanging over its walls
hoping to become a painting,
with dreamy eye leaves
a dream I couldn’t find a name for
a word everyone could use
I wanted to paint it in gray,
white, blue, orange
to add water, the sun and the snow,
but while trying to find the word, it rained
and the whole thing collapsed
the winter windows froze on my hands.
One day the house turned white,
from the chalk on the asphalt;
in search of the dreamy eye
I added two wings
branches had become trees,
I found the white, the orange and the blue.
"Dream-eye, dream-eye",
I screamed extending my hands to touch it,
I see myself in a dress
me and the dress in the mud
right there, just like that…
I started building the house again.









Like Rain Puddles
These Eyes Today

Like rain paddles these eyes today,
Pleasurably drunk in nostalgia
Of a glass of wine...

Exposed to intoxication,
like freedom I melt in this liquid
and I hold you;
I grasp you...
Like this inebriation has got hold of me...

I trip over myself into you
and there is ... silence!
Silence!

Oh, this life with eye paddles,
Like in the mirror
Catches it reflexion in that red liquid ...

Can you see how I spoon behind you?
You don't speak,
I find the words
I speak for you and me
for normal people talk to themselves
The crazy speak loudly for two

I want to sleep;
but the night rests in  my mouth
The day rouses and dips onto light;
I am strong only when I walk with you;
barefoot through love fields.









The Color Of Silence

Sometimes I make myself blush
I make myself blush sometimes
I have swallowed every icy-cold morning,
I have screamed: "Oh!"
and I have waited ...

Lying on my coloured regrets,
I begin to lose the color of my eyes
and whisper the amnesia of the words

Inside my palm,
hands of my wounds hold the torch,
the torch of my blushing,
telling me:

"This is the color of silence
for the sake of which you keep quiet,
the color of silence or ...
...in your wheat-coloured skin...


Thomaidha Tanuçi

Thomaidha Tanuçi was born in the city of Permet in Albania. Her elementary and high school studies took place in Permet. She went to "Alekandër Xhuvani" university in Elbasan to pursue her college education. Her initial poetic works would start in her early junior high years and continue in her high school thus sparkling her literature teacher’s a special interest who later presented these works to the “(Albanian)Writers’ Union” being that he himself was the head of it.  The Writers’ Union highly estimated her works and therefore awarded her the right to pursue her university studies in the Literature major. In her birth town, where she later returned as a teacher, she would often write and sometimes publish for the local newspaper. Thus, her journey of poetry writing continued where she would share her poems with her friends, until she decided one day to publish her first book titled “Misty Breath of Azure Steps”. Thomaidha’s poems are momentary, detailed, abstract, and a tangible life that can be experienced. Most of her poems center on the theme of “Love”. But there are also simple philosophical poems intertwined with lyricism. In Thomaidha’s poetry, reality can be touched by dreaming, whereas rebellion against social phenomenon can be experienced through artistic reflection and intellectual accountability. Currently, this author is about to publish her second poetry book titled “Abnormal”. Currently, Thomaidha is living in Tirana, not forgetting her birthplace which imparted on her the pure spirit of Vjosa river, and that of the mountain peaks.